Welcome to the website of Heart Christian Fellowship.
We want to love our neighbour as ourselves, so we’re joining in with the national COVID-19 lockdown as a way to love our most vulnerable neighbours.
While we engage in physical distancing we don’t want people to be cut off but rather to stay connected with God and one another (as we find God more together), being built up in God with a sense of purpose.
Now, physically meeting together is so important to christians as the church is the body of Christ so our job is to express God through how we love one another and live together. God didn’t so love the world that He sent a video, He sent God the Son in flesh. We witness to the incarnation by incarnating the gospel, demonstrating it in real acts and physical presence. We need to never lose sight of that.
However, while gathering is important when possible, even more important to the essence of our faith is discipleship. This pandemic forces us to massively simplify and focus on this most vital aspect of person-to-person and group-based discipleship which, let’s face it, can be totally absent from church gatherings.
The basic idea
So we propose not trying to live stream a small version of a traditional church service but to instead ask for volunteers to host/lead small clusters who can keep in touch with each other, pray and read the bible together etc via live video or phone calls.
In addition to this each Sunday morning we will be publishing a video to a dedicated YouTube channel for teaching, encouragement and information. Click here to subscribe to the channel, and click the bell next to the subscribe button so you see videos when they appear.
Format of the groups
These groups need a host to keep things moving & make sure everyone’s included. If you’re up for being a host you’ll need to own it, taking initiative and inviting people to join. Groups will need to be self-selecting, rather than appointed.
Hosts should feel free to adapt every aspect of how the group works, but some here are some guidelines::
- Group hosts are not pastors but must have integrity in their life and faith
- Groups of 3-5 people work best. Any more and video calls can get awkward. If more people want to join a group then leaders should appoint another leader or start a second group themselves. Don’t grow a group too large.
- Meet up as regularly as the group wants, but certainly at least weekly.
- If members are unable to join in by video call then adapt to fit what works for you – perhaps stick to a regular voice call in pairs.
- Catch up
- Share needs
- Discuss what you’ve read in the bible
- Apply scripture- what is God saying to you and what are you going to do about it?
As Heart Christian Fellowship we will be reading through the same scriptures together. This will help us all feel connected and on the same page. It would be ideal if these groups could discuss these scriptures together. We’ll be keeping you all up to date on the scripture readings through this website.
Let us know you’d like to host or join a group
You may find this helpful:
Tips for setting up group video calls